This blog is open to any and all who wish to hear all my ramblings about my adventures in moving to Ireland. I will be gone from September to mid-December, then if all is going well, I'll head back until sometime in the spring or summer. Anyways, I've enabled it so that people without blogger accounts can post comments, so please do! Once I move this blog will be my connection to everyone back home (although I'm sure I'll still be keeping up with everyone via facebook =D) Anyways, you can start at the beginning by clicking here then scrolling down to the bottom of each post and hitting newer post until your all caught up. After that, you can keep track via the list of blogs under each months heading on the left side. So enjoy!!!

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Registraton

So, yesterday my mom and I drove down to York Universities Travel Cuts office and I paid my registration fee, officially signing up for SWAP Ireland. Apperently there are about 3000 other Canadians doing the same thing within generally the same amount of time, thats pretty crazy! My parents have been really worried about the whole being alone thing, but its looking like there will be a lot of other people to meet who are in the same situation.

Basically, we got there, then sat for a bit as the girl typed my papers into the computer, then my mom asked some questions, then I paid with my credit card, then we got papers on travel insurance, then we went home. Easy peasy.

In the next few days I should be getting a welcome to SWAP email with my visa application, my bank statement form etc. Once I get that I'm going to consider it officially in, join the facebook groups (apperently theres also some way to get in touch with other swappers via their website but I haven't figured that out yet, maybe with the intro email?) Anyways, I'm excited.

My cousin Michael came over for a bit today and we told him about it over dinner, he didn't seem to think it was a massively crazy idea, so thats good. If he had my dad probably would have been even more anti Ireland, although he is coming around.

I want my welcome email!!

No comments:

Post a Comment