This blog is open to any and all who wish to hear all my ramblings about my adventures in moving to Ireland. I will be gone from September to mid-December, then if all is going well, I'll head back until sometime in the spring or summer. Anyways, I've enabled it so that people without blogger accounts can post comments, so please do! Once I move this blog will be my connection to everyone back home (although I'm sure I'll still be keeping up with everyone via facebook =D) Anyways, you can start at the beginning by clicking here then scrolling down to the bottom of each post and hitting newer post until your all caught up. After that, you can keep track via the list of blogs under each months heading on the left side. So enjoy!!!

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Applied for my Visa

So, I got an email from Cynthia (my travel cuts agent) saying she had some thinger for me to pick up and to come in sometime this week, which I was going to do anyway to apply for my visa so yay! Well, I got there and it was actually some other persons package thing... but whatever, we were going in anyway. So, I handed in my visa application, my bank statement, two passport photos (which are just as blah looking as my current passport photos) and my actual passport. I also bought my travel isurance for now til I come home for Christmas. Then, as I was sitting there all my paperwork went off with a courier to head office.

My next step is to book my flight... ahh! Well, my actual next step is to give notice at work on Friday. Yaaaaayyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!! For awhile I toyed with the idea of offering to work a few shifts here and there between getting back from the cottage and leaving for Ireland but the smarter choice seems to be take as much time as I can to get my stuff together. I want to have all of my stuff organized, including the stuff thats not coming with me so that when I come home its not a total disaster.

So right now I'm torn between leaving on the 8th, a tuesday when I also have a doctors appointment. Or waiting a week. The upside of waiting a week is less time spent in hostels/ less money spent. My big worry right now is that I will find an apartment in the second half of september and have to pay the rent for the whole month... which would bug me.

Anyways, I never really accomplished any of that to do list from my last post so I'm going to try to be productive. I'm getting excited though, its all starting to feel real.

No comments:

Post a Comment