This blog is open to any and all who wish to hear all my ramblings about my adventures in moving to Ireland. I will be gone from September to mid-December, then if all is going well, I'll head back until sometime in the spring or summer. Anyways, I've enabled it so that people without blogger accounts can post comments, so please do! Once I move this blog will be my connection to everyone back home (although I'm sure I'll still be keeping up with everyone via facebook =D) Anyways, you can start at the beginning by clicking here then scrolling down to the bottom of each post and hitting newer post until your all caught up. After that, you can keep track via the list of blogs under each months heading on the left side. So enjoy!!!

Sunday, March 21, 2010

The plan, Stan

Alright... so my mom keeps forgetting where I am going to be and when so Im going to post it up here just for kicks. I am currently in Spain, making my way through some of the must see spots in Europe. Anyways, here goes... from leaving Galway.

March 18th- Arrive in Barcelona
No set plan for Spain. Just kind of relaxing and seeing the sites. Checked out the aquarium, saw the magic fountain show and wandered around the city a bit. Plus, spent some time on the beach, barefoot. It was wonderful.
March 22nd- Arrive in Rome
Only two days in this epic city so I have a two day pass with the hop on/ hop off tour. Will probably just be checking out ruins and the like. The vatican would be interesting to see, but all the ancient stuff just interests me so much more and I have a limited amount of time.
March 24th- Pisa & Venice
From Rome I am making a quick stop in Pisa just so I can see the tower. Honestly, I will probably be there two hours. Which is still longer than I spent in Glasgow so, woo. After that, another train to Venice where I will spend two days. No specific plans there, will just be nice to see.
March 26th- Florence
My flight to Germany is out of Pisa airport which is easy to get to from Florence, so I am spending a night there. Should be gorgeous, I doubt I will have much time to explore though.
March 27th- Frankfurt & Munich
I am flying in to Frankfurt but not planning on spending much time there. Will poke around a bit then hop on a train to Munich. My main plan for Munich is a concentration camp tour, which will be intense but is something I have wanted to do for a long time now. It should be pretty eye opening.
March 29th- Berlin
Finally a city where I am spending more than two nights. I want some time to actually explore Germanys capital and I know I am going to spend an entire day at the zoo (biggest in the world, oh boy oh boy) so, three nights it is. Will be a lot of fun!
April 1st- London
Really excited for this one! So many museums! (yeah, im a nerd, deal with it). I am also going to do a tour which will cover Stonehenge, Windsor castle and something else. It is a bit pricey but will be soooo epic.
April 6th (ish)- Galway
Back to my home away from home for a few days of packing, organizing, shipping and goodbyes. Will be so sad to leave Ireland, but am already looking forward to getting home.
April 11th- Canada!

Anything after Munich isn't actually booked yet but that is the plan as of right now. Will probably go ahead and book most of that within the next day or so anyway. But I am trying to leave things open for a little bit of flexibility. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment