This blog is open to any and all who wish to hear all my ramblings about my adventures in moving to Ireland. I will be gone from September to mid-December, then if all is going well, I'll head back until sometime in the spring or summer. Anyways, I've enabled it so that people without blogger accounts can post comments, so please do! Once I move this blog will be my connection to everyone back home (although I'm sure I'll still be keeping up with everyone via facebook =D) Anyways, you can start at the beginning by clicking here then scrolling down to the bottom of each post and hitting newer post until your all caught up. After that, you can keep track via the list of blogs under each months heading on the left side. So enjoy!!!

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Got my Visa

Yup, it's been awhile but really there hasn't been that much going on. I went to the cottage for a week, that was fun... after that I had my "beer party" where Demelo taught me about beer and I tried out a few different brands. It was a lot of fun. Yesterday was mine and Glorias big going away party and I had so much fun. Lots of people showed up and Kylie put together this really cool going away gift with this signable picture frame, so I'll be bringing that with me... 2 weeks from now, ahhhhhhhhhhh! Yeah, it still doesn't feel real. I'm a little nervous I guess but it doesn't feel like I'll be getting on a plane any time soon. So yeah, I'mmmm moving to Ireland.

Hannah (girl I met via facebook who is leaving a little after I am for Ireland, we're hopping to be able to find a flat together.. incase I haven't mentioned her yet) is going to the travel cuts office tomorrow, so I hope that means she's going to figure out when she's leaving for Ireland. I'll be excited when she figures that out! I like planning all the details of this adventure.

Anyways, I got my final package with my visa, my passport back, a SWAP Ireland guide book and my vouchers for hostels in Ireland. Of course, the stupid guide book tells me NOW that its "next to impossible" to find anywhere to live in September. Grrrr. I'll make it work though. I'm booked into a hostel until at least October 1st. It'll be okay. I'll just keep telling myself that!

So yeah... off to do my last girls day with Kait, Kylie and Glor before I leave. Ack!

1 comment:

  1. Kellie! You left today, and in the absence of having you to ramble at over facebook, I decided to comment on here instead. I started my blog, and realized at the end I had mentioned you about 4 times.. maybe excessive? No. Not possible.

    And incase you were wondering it's : www.hannahonthego.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete