This blog is open to any and all who wish to hear all my ramblings about my adventures in moving to Ireland. I will be gone from September to mid-December, then if all is going well, I'll head back until sometime in the spring or summer. Anyways, I've enabled it so that people without blogger accounts can post comments, so please do! Once I move this blog will be my connection to everyone back home (although I'm sure I'll still be keeping up with everyone via facebook =D) Anyways, you can start at the beginning by clicking here then scrolling down to the bottom of each post and hitting newer post until your all caught up. After that, you can keep track via the list of blogs under each months heading on the left side. So enjoy!!!

Sunday, September 6, 2009

8 days

I leave a week from tomorrow so I figured that warrented a post. All that's really left to do is buy a couple more things and pack. Ahhhhh! I bought fabric paint to decorate my plain black suitcase (Kylie is going to help) since this suitcase is the best size I could find but like I said, plain and black. My Nannie (grandma) gave me this huggee green suitcase but I really cannot see myself lugging that thing around an airport. This black one is still pretty big, but it means I'll have a decent amount of stuff with me.

The guide book says to pack minimally because you'll be bringing a lot of stuff back with you, but a year is a long time to go on a limited wardrobe (they seem to think you can shop for stuff there but apperently its expensive and there is limited options) so on that topic I'm just going to ignore the advice and do what I want anyway. Muhaha.

I keep putting off doing the things that I need to before I leave. Like clean my room, get all my non clothing stuff together and other fun stuff like that. I dunno, maybe I'm just lazy, but I also don't want to do it too soon and then need the stuff I've packed or something. Heh, I guess I'm just lazy. There is just other stuff I'd rather be doing with my last days here.

My mom and I went a little skype crazy yesterday. For some reason I had always thought it cost money but Kait and I were playing with it the other day and it is going to be a perfect way to keep in touch with everyone. It was actually really fun to talk to and see Kaitlyn who lives in Ottawa. Not that it wasn't fun to talk to you, Mom, from another floor of the house =P Either way, I'm pretty excited about that. I'll be able to show my friends and family where I am and they'll be able to show me... Molly!

Wellll, I think I'm going to go hang out with my dog now... but here are the things I need to do today.
1. Pack for Barrie/ Go to Barrie
2. Do a load of laundry
3. Order custom dart flights
4. Tidy bottom of the stairs
5. Change part of the fish filter
6. Tidy futon room

1 comment:

  1. I commented, by the way, on a post from like...last month. Thought I'd direct your attention that way. Oops.

    ReplyDelete