This blog is open to any and all who wish to hear all my ramblings about my adventures in moving to Ireland. I will be gone from September to mid-December, then if all is going well, I'll head back until sometime in the spring or summer. Anyways, I've enabled it so that people without blogger accounts can post comments, so please do! Once I move this blog will be my connection to everyone back home (although I'm sure I'll still be keeping up with everyone via facebook =D) Anyways, you can start at the beginning by clicking here then scrolling down to the bottom of each post and hitting newer post until your all caught up. After that, you can keep track via the list of blogs under each months heading on the left side. So enjoy!!!

Friday, September 18, 2009

Galway!

Slept 11 hours last night, take that jet lag!!! So, I managed to get some sleep, and now I have a cold... but whatever, I'm in Galway. It is so fantastic, I already like it way better than Dublin. It really is beautiful here, and friggin impossible to find anything. Street signs are not their thing. Oh well.
I've got an appointment to view a flat on Monday, which I'm looking forward to. I wanted to go drop off my CV at the petstore I've spoken with today but my feet just hurt tooo much from yesterday when all I had to do was walk around Dublin. I've switched shoes three times today to see if it helps, it hasn't. So yeah, theres no way I'm walking the hour or so to Terryland and I'm not quite confident enough to try their buses yet. You have to flag them down, theres no route map, and you pay based on how far you're going. Madness!
So, of the three roomates I had when I got here, two were fantastic (german girl and korean girl) and one doesn't seem to want to chat (at first I thought maybe she doesn't speak English.. but she's reading in English, so just not chatty) annnd the two great ones left this morning. Boooo! Oh well, Olivia should get here soon enough. I met her in Dublin (after talking to her on Facebook) and she seems like she'd be a lot of fun to live with. Not only does she love Wicked (the musical) but has also ready the book that it's based on.
A slovanian girl (woman really, I'd say late 20s) showed up and took the Korean girls bed, but her English isin't great and she has disappeared. Not to worry, I haven't been sitting around in the hostel all day. I found the subway, BK, McDonalds, closest pet store and closest book store, as well as some Irish/British stores I've been told are essential. But theres only so much wandering around a strange (and hard to navigate) city by yourself, with sore feet you can do. A day to just relax won't kill me though. Plus, there is still one more bed to fill in my room, maybe she'll (or even the Slovanian) will want to go out tonight. Maybe not.

1 comment:

  1. Squeeeee. Sounds like fun. I hope you're having a blast.

    ReplyDelete