This blog is open to any and all who wish to hear all my ramblings about my adventures in moving to Ireland. I will be gone from September to mid-December, then if all is going well, I'll head back until sometime in the spring or summer. Anyways, I've enabled it so that people without blogger accounts can post comments, so please do! Once I move this blog will be my connection to everyone back home (although I'm sure I'll still be keeping up with everyone via facebook =D) Anyways, you can start at the beginning by clicking here then scrolling down to the bottom of each post and hitting newer post until your all caught up. After that, you can keep track via the list of blogs under each months heading on the left side. So enjoy!!!

Friday, September 25, 2009

September 24th... no internet

September 24th, 2009- 1:01 AM
Well, no internet connection in my new flat yet, so I’m writing this on word. Anyways… So rumour has it that materialism is bad, but I have to say that there is something to be said for having “your stuff”. I’m sitting here in my bed… with a duvet, sheet and pillows I just bought today and am feeling more at home than I thought I would, and I think it’s because just a few feet a way is a desk full of my stuff. My books, my cd case full of tv and computer games. I’ve also got the picture frame that all my friends signed, even though it doesn’t have a picture in it yet. It is just a bunch of stuff that was important enough to me to lug it along on two plane rides and then from Navan to a hotel, to a hostel in Galway, to my new flat. I also adopted a pirate pillow from a box marked free at the hostel.

Olivia and I love it here so far. We cleaned like mad today and then did a little rearranging and now we are basically in love with it. There are still some final touches that we want to get, but it is already a pretty excellent home base for our Irish adventure. Once we get the damn toilet fixed anyways.

So, last night we went to 90s night at Cuba, one of the seven clubs here (that I have counted so far). Coyotes, the Texas themed bar we went to on the weekend had more atmosphere, and a nicer looking set up, but you really cannot go wrong with 90s music. I want to talk to my friends about it, bah.

I think I want to make Kraft Dinner tomorrow for lunch. Well, something along those lines, using the cheese packs I have with me.

It kind of sucks not having the internet, the guy isin’t coming to set it up until Monday. I won’t be able to talk to anyone. I should let KKG know that I won’t be able to make it on Sunday. I’ll probably pop by an internet café sometime between now and then to work out all that funny business.

But yeah, I’m tired… just wanted to take a moment to appreciate my stuff. I will try to give more details on the new place later on.

3:03 pm
Busy day so far, getting some stuff accomplished. The day started off with a plumber coming to make the toilet less insane. Then I showered, I wanted to get an early start on job hunting but, alas, no hair dryer yet so I had to hang out here for a bit. Then I called the number I have for Petworld, the store I’ve been talking to about applying. I had sent an email and been asked to drop off a CV at the store, but it turns out that store is pretty far away. But when Olivia and I were walking around and checking out our new neighbourhood, it turns out the newest Petworld franchise is just a 15 minute walk up the street. Score! Assuming I can get a job there. Even if not, yay that there is a pet store nearby I guess, I can just keep pestering them til they hire me.

Once I got back I took my turn doing laundry, although I am now thinking I should have waited a bit, since electricity is cheaper at night here. Oh well, one load each wont break the bank and it means less clutter in my room, I had definitely accumulated a lot of laundry between home and here.

I also called my mom, I wanted to make sure she knew I was okay, since I wont have the internet til Monday and made my first pot of KD here. Does not taste even a little bit the same, or even a little bit delicious. It’s tolerable, but the noodles I have to get make for getting a lot of powder cheese mixed in with the rest. Blah.

Annnnd, final note. Today is Arthurs day, celebrating 250 years of Guiness. Olivia wants to go out tonight, not sure I’m really feeling it (Guinness = ick) but yeah, we’ll see.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you are starting to settle in. Thought to comment on your latest posting to show you that there are people "out there" reading it. :)
    I appreciate the updates, next you should post some photos. Hopefully you are up and running on Monday.
    Love Mum, (Not sure how to comment as myself and not Anonymous....new fangled world wide web....) hehe

    ReplyDelete