This blog is open to any and all who wish to hear all my ramblings about my adventures in moving to Ireland. I will be gone from September to mid-December, then if all is going well, I'll head back until sometime in the spring or summer. Anyways, I've enabled it so that people without blogger accounts can post comments, so please do! Once I move this blog will be my connection to everyone back home (although I'm sure I'll still be keeping up with everyone via facebook =D) Anyways, you can start at the beginning by clicking here then scrolling down to the bottom of each post and hitting newer post until your all caught up. After that, you can keep track via the list of blogs under each months heading on the left side. So enjoy!!!

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Settled in

Well, we've been in our flat for almost a week now and I really do like it here. A few things still don't work (drier, microwave and the shower is... finicky) but the landlord is working on it. Good enough for me. Originally we were kinda meh because it's a bit of a walk to town but we've walked it several times now and it's really not so bad. Getting wicked amounts of exercise too, lol. Which is good, because it's been a few days now since I haven't had chocolate. Kylie would love it here =P

Olivia and I meant to do a video tour of the flat to post up on facebook and what not but I forgot about it until right now, so maybe we'll do that today. Our list of things to do is pretty minimal today, beyond job hunting anyways. I have a list of places I want to call today and we'll see how that goes. Ugh, I hate job hunting. I did talk to a pet store but they recently opened and it might be another few weeks before they know if they need anyone else. I'm guessing I'd have a good shot at it, but they might not even want to hire anyone else. Murr.

So, we have a plant... and are getting a fish. Our place is actually pretty cute. Hmm, I should probably clean up my room before the video tour. Since the drier doesn't work, there always tends to be laundry hanging everywhere. Plus, I don't have any drawers so theres a lot of random crap on my desk. Anyways, I'm going to go be productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment