This blog is open to any and all who wish to hear all my ramblings about my adventures in moving to Ireland. I will be gone from September to mid-December, then if all is going well, I'll head back until sometime in the spring or summer. Anyways, I've enabled it so that people without blogger accounts can post comments, so please do! Once I move this blog will be my connection to everyone back home (although I'm sure I'll still be keeping up with everyone via facebook =D) Anyways, you can start at the beginning by clicking here then scrolling down to the bottom of each post and hitting newer post until your all caught up. After that, you can keep track via the list of blogs under each months heading on the left side. So enjoy!!!

Thursday, September 17, 2009

So beyond tired

Jet lag is killliiinngg mee. I didn't sleep on the airplane (my bad), on my first day here I got about 6 hours of sleep, counting a two hour nap in the afternoon, then last night I slept from about 12:15 to 2:45. I got woken up by drunken hooligans outside my window. I could not manage to get back to sleep, and now I am so beyond tired.
I am just hanging out at the USIT (irish SWAP) office, since I have nothing to do. This morning I woke up early in order to go 'immigrate', which didn't take that long to do, maybe an hour and a half or so. Then I wandered around Dublin for a bit, with no memory card in my camera, bah! I wanted to take pictures of these two places that are freakishly similar to North American places. Ricks, rather than Licks, in the same font. And Eddie Rockets, which looks EXACTLY the same as Johnny Rockets. His brother perhaps. Maybe at the irish version they dont drop trays of milkshape on your lap. Maybe not.
I saw a pet store too, that was nice, and an art store Kylie would lovveee. Then I ended up coming here because my laptop is tucked away at the hotel, and if I go back they will probably want me to take all my stuff which I don't want to deal with until I'm in a cab on my way to catch a bus to Galway. I'm calling a cab despite it being a 1 minute drive (according to google) cause I'm a wimp and hating the idea of lugging 55+ pounds of stuff over cobbled streets. Doesn't mesh well with wheely suitcases.
Right now I'm just waiting for a text from Olivia, so we can go to lunch and I can get on my way. Also need to call someone in Galway back about maybe arranging an apartment viewing for tomorrow. They're going to want references though.

No comments:

Post a Comment