This blog is open to any and all who wish to hear all my ramblings about my adventures in moving to Ireland. I will be gone from September to mid-December, then if all is going well, I'll head back until sometime in the spring or summer. Anyways, I've enabled it so that people without blogger accounts can post comments, so please do! Once I move this blog will be my connection to everyone back home (although I'm sure I'll still be keeping up with everyone via facebook =D) Anyways, you can start at the beginning by clicking here then scrolling down to the bottom of each post and hitting newer post until your all caught up. After that, you can keep track via the list of blogs under each months heading on the left side. So enjoy!!!

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My Trip To Ireland

September 14th
4:47- So I got through the airport without any issues. Unless you count being a little sad as an issue. My flight to Newark will start boarding in about 15 minutes then I am on my way. The airport stuff was actually so easy that there is kind of nothing left to say. I wish I had my Canada phone here so I could call my parents so I could tell them it's all good and no worries.
5:05- I bought an iced tea. Isin't that exciting? Still waiting but I hear irish accents already. Exciting.
6:32- I'm on an airplane right now. Woot. I'm also listening to Veggie Tales. I watched it with Kale today and felt inspired to download it. As we tookoff I had a nice view of the CN Tower, it was very very fitting. I like flying, I don't want to sleep. I'm loving writing on this pocket pc. That's it for now.
8:57- Now I'm waiting around at Newark. I had A&W for dinner, blegh. I also bought a book with my extra American cash. Blee!! Should be another half an hour or so til I'm out of here. I got 20 minutes of free wifi but mom didn't answer her skype. Oh well. She sent me a message on facebook but I ran out of time before I could respond. I feel a lot better now. More like a fantabulous world traveller and less like a kid who is going to miss her dog. PLUS! I'm kinda sleepy. Lugging all this crap around is wearing me out.
9:30- I'm sitttttinnggg on a jet plane. Don't know when I'll take off (again). Sooo, close to getting to sit beside someone my age but he's on the opposite side window seat. Still don't know who my travel buddies are. Damn, two girls my age are now sitting in front of the first guy. Two guys in front of them. I'm on the wrong side of the airplane, lol.
2:44- I think this is the last time I can use Canadian time. So, no one ended up sitting beside me so the flight attendant gave the seat to the guy in the seat opposite me. On one hand, if I'd had the whole bench I might of slept, but he still made an entertaining travel companion. Not too long left, maybe an hour. Ah, I wish I could talk to my friends. Miss you all already. Listening to 'Time of your life'

No comments:

Post a Comment